Corporate & Community Development Coordinator
Salary of $91,862 by accessing salary packaging
Life at Coast Shelter
Coast Shelter is a leading Central Coast not for profit charity assisting families, adults and young people with complex issues arising from their experience of homelessness, abuse and neglect. Our organisation is driven by our mission to deliver innovative solutions to address homelessness, violence and poverty to achieve immediate and lasting changes.
We are a Tier 3 community housing body and the largest Specialist Homelessness Service in Regional NSW. We operate 9 crisis shelters, a Community Centre and more than 50 outreach properties, housing over 150 people across the Central Coast every night.
At Coast Shelter, you’ll be joining a team of committed staff and volunteers who work to end Homelessness and Domestic and Family Violence within our community. Our people are innovative professionals who are driven to help make positive change in the community in which they live.
For over 30 years Coast Shelter has been supported by a diverse range of Corporate and Community partners and this support has been essential to our success. We are seeking a passionate, highly motivated Corporate & Community Development Coordinator to maintain, grow and secure partnerships with corporates, major businesses and the community to generate revenue and goods in kind which aligns with the mission, vision and values of Coast Shelter.
Key tasks include
- Securing new partnerships with corporates and major businesses while growing existing partnerships to create shared value
- Managing and maintaining Coast Shelter’s Client Management System
- Delivering events and activities that build community connection
- Attending, networking and representing Coast Shelter at events and speaking engagements which may include after hours and/or weekends.
- Supporting all Marketing and Communication activities with a view to maintain, build, and promote brand awareness and its integrity
All about You
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in related discipline, diploma level or higher and/or fundraising and/or marketing experience of at least 3-5 years, ideally within a relevant not for profit organisation.
- Experience in developing new business initiatives in the community sector which increases organisational sustainability and revenues in line with strategic directions.
- Developed written communication and analytical skills, including the ability to prepare, design and edit a wide range of material with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of donor/customer relationship management databases.
- Working knowledge of the Charitable Fundraising Act 1991, Charitable Fundraising Regulation 2015 (NSW), Lotteries and Art Union Act 1901 (NSW).
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work on several projects at a time.
- Ability to take initiative and undertake a range of duties with limited supervision.
Ways we Reward You!
- Competitive Remuneration Package including access to extensive salary packaging offerings
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Values Driven Organisation
- Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support
If you are successful in gaining employment with Coast Shelter you must hold a NSW driver’s licence, Covid Digital Certificate, National Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Enquires: Jason Brown People & Culture Manager
Please apply by providing a resume and cover letter.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. Coast Shelter strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.