Women & Children Case Worker
Life at Coast Shelter
Coast Shelter is a leading Central Coast not for profit charity assisting families, adults and young people with complex issues arising from their experience of homelessness, abuse and neglect. Our organisation is driven by our mission to deliver innovative solutions to address homelessness, violence and poverty to achieve immediate and lasting changes.
At Coast Shelter, you’ll be joining a team of committed staff and volunteers who work to end Homelessness and Domestic and Family Violence within our community. We are bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion.
Coast Shelter employees are innovative professionals who are driven to help make positive change.
We are looking for an outstanding Case Worker for our residential accommodation programs who will be responsible for the supervision, care and support of our clients. The position is responsible for delivering high quality case management and support to the residents within our Women & Children’s Services.
Success in the role will demand an understanding of the causes and impact of homelessness and an empathic approach to those in our community who may find themselves on the outer.
The position provides strengths based case management to build client capacity to assist each client to deal with their trauma-based responses to life in a way that promotes healing, emotional growth and development of positive attitudes and life skills.
All about you
You have a background and passion for working with Women & Children within homelessness and domestic and family violence services . You focus on working within a clear, client centered, trauma informed framework and have a demonstrated understanding of case management with assessment frameworks related to child protection, parenting and family work, family violence, mental health and drug and alcohol issues.
To be considered for the position you must be able to address the essential criteria below;
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or a related field and/or minimum 3 years’ experience in case management, ideally working with Women & Children
- Demonstrated ability to apply a trauma-informed, person-centred and strengths-based approach to case management
- Experience and demonstrated ability in providing high quality crisis intervention, case management and advocacy support for people with complex needs
- Ability to motivate and engage with all walks of life
- Proven ability to maintain boundaries and respond to challenging behaviours
- Excellent communication with proven written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office
Ways we Reward You!
- Competitive Remuneration Package including access to extensive salary packaging offerings
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Values Driven Organisation
- Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support
Call to Action
If you are passionate about being a leading voice for ending Domestic & Family Violence and bettering the lives of Women and their Children within our services , please click apply and submit a CV together with a cover letter responding to the essential criteria listed above.
If you are successful in gaining employment with Coast Shelter you must hold a NSW driver licence, First Aid Certificate, National Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Enquires: Jason Brown People & Culture Manager
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. Coast Shelter strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.