WHS, Quality & Compliance Coordinator
3 days per week – Flexible with days and hours
Life at Coast Shelter
Coast Shelter is a leading Central Coast not for profit charity assisting families, adults and young people with complex issues arising from their experience of homelessness, abuse and neglect. Our organisation is driven by our mission to deliver innovative solutions to address homelessness, violence and poverty to achieve immediate and lasting changes.
We are a Tier 3 community housing body and the largest Specialist Homelessness Service in Regional NSW. We operate 9 crisis shelters, a Community Centre and more than 50 outreach properties, housing over 150 people across the Central Coast every night.
At Coast Shelter, you’ll be joining a team of committed staff and volunteers who work to end Homelessness and Domestic and Family Violence within our community. Our people are innovative professionals who are driven to help make positive change, we are bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion.
We are seeking a passionate, highly motivated WHS, Quality & Compliance Coordinator to join our team. The focus of the role is to ensure Coast Shelter achieves a high standard of safety and is positioned to meet our statutory obligations and to maintain our ASES accreditation.
The position reports to the People & Culture Manager and is primarily responsible for:
- Understanding and effectively managing Coast Shelter’s risk issues
- Assist with the development of strategic WHS approaches
- Management, monitoring and improvement of the WHS management systems
- Provision of WHS support and guidance to Coast Shelter senior staff
- Management of client complaints
- Management of Coast Shelter’s Policy & Procedures
The role is one of development, education, support, facilitation and communication across all areas of Coast Shelter.
All about You
To be considered for the position you must be able to address the essential criteria below:
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development, implementation, and maintenance of WHS management systems, including engaging with multiple stakeholders, in a diverse and complex business environment.
- Well-developed knowledge of WHS legislation and regulations and contemporary practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management processes and systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to provide concise, accurate Management reports and audits
- In depth knowledge of Policy and Procedure development
Ways we Reward You!
- Competitive Remuneration Package, including access to extensive salary packaging offerings
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Values Driven Organisation
- Employee Assistance Program, offering free and confidential counselling and support
If you are successful in gaining employment with Coast Shelter, you must hold a NSW Driver Licence, National Criminal History Record Check, Covid Digital Certificate and a Working with Children Check.
Enquiries: Jason Brown, People & Culture Manager
Please apply by providing a resume and cover letter.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity. Coast Shelter strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.