Community Services Case Worker
Community Services Case Worker
Monday to Friday 10 am – 6 pm
Life at Coast Shelter
Coast Shelter is a leading Central Coast not for profit charity assisting families, adults and young people with complex issues arising from their experience of homelessness, abuse and neglect. Our organisation is driven by our mission to deliver innovative solutions to address homelessness, violence and poverty to achieve immediate and lasting changes.
We are a Tier 3 community housing body and the largest Specialist Homelessness Service in Regional NSW. We operate 9 crisis shelters, a Community Centre and more than 50 outreach properties, housing over 150 people across the Central Coast every night.
At Coast Shelter, you’ll be joining a team of committed staff and volunteers who work to end Homelessness and Domestic and Family Violence within our community.
Our people are passionate professionals who are driven to help make positive change!
For 30 years, Coast Shelter’s Community Centre and Restaurant has provided free meals, as well as personal, financial, legal and health support and care for the most vulnerable people in our community. As we continue to grow and expand our offerings, we are looking for a passionate individual to join our team in this newly created role based in Wyong. The position reports directly to the Senior Case Worker and will be a member of a diverse team which includes Social Workers, Counsellors, Volunteers and Support Workers.
The position welcomes and supports clients who visit our Community Centre, providing high quality and effective strengths based case management to build client capacity to assist each client to deal with their trauma-based responses to life in a way that promotes healing, emotional growth and development of positive attitudes and life skills.
All about you
You have a background and passion for working in homelessness and domestic and family violence services. To be considered for the position you must be able to address the essential criteria below;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in related discipline, diploma level or higher and/or relevant sector experience
- Demonstrated casework and assessment experience
- Experience of working in accordance with person centred practice and trauma responsive care principles
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Ability to coach, mentor, and collaborate with a range of colleagues to build understanding and knowledge and improve outcomes for clients, with the ability to adapt approach for the audience and encourage reflective practice
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Ways we Reward You!
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Values Driven Organisation
- Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and suppor
If you are successful in gaining employment with Coast Shelter you must hold a NSW driver’s licence, Covid Digital Certificate, National Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. Coast Shelter strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.